Author Topic: changing everything but font size back to normal  (Read 1485 times)

Offline freaky moonites

changing everything but font size back to normal
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »
Hello there
I'm new to ubuntu and have had two friends help me with many of my problems that pop up but they both work during the day so I've decided not to rely too heavily on them and quite possibly get them into trouble.

I'm using ubuntu 9.10 and while watching a movie online my computer froze, I'm new to ubuntu myself going on three weeks, anyhow when I rebooted everything grew in size. Icons seem three times bigger on the desktop the toolbar icons seem to have doubled in size the fonts look like a good size for a change and when I go online the toolbars themselves are too big they take up much of the computer space. Not only that but games are of different size too and well the font is the only thing I'm happy with. How do I get back to the ubuntu settings as before ? I tried changing the themes in the desktop backgrounds but does not seem to work.

Also is seems to have stopped recognising the ATI graphics card it's been installed before I got the 9.10 ubunto cd how do I reset this up if that is my problem ? thanks for any and all input.

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

changing everything but font size back to normal
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

Offline joe12

Re: changing everything but font size back to normal
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:40:55 PM »
hi
please could you fill the gaps ? see below

- what model is grcard ?

-make sure your up to date
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:44:50 PM by joe12 »

Offline joe12

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 08:43:11 PM »
 and ....

for help installing driver's go to this  post :  http://ubuntugeek.com/forum/index.php/topic,103.0.html

are you 64 bit ?

hope it help's 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:47:32 PM by joe12 »

freakymoonites

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:38:48 AM »
sorry I don't do this often info on the box is
ATI Radeon, 512 MB/MO DDR2 , HD 3450, Full HD 1080p video playback with UVD/4 HDMI/TM with 5.1 surround audio Dual monitor support.

far as I know it's all up to date even ubuntu.

I have changed nothing since I got sound back and that was nearly a week ago. I hope what I posted is the right info you need.

thanks for responding. :)

Offline joe12

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 03:56:13 PM »
Hi
-could you open up the terminal and type ,tell the output: sudo lshw -C video

- have you install a driver for it ?

... thanks