Author Topic: Wireless internet connection problems win7, home network  (Read 3366 times)

Offline quietyis

Wireless internet connection problems win7, home network
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:11:22 AM »
I just came home from school for break and am trying to connect to my family's wireless internet connection; however I cannot get online. If i use a wired connection everything works, but the wireless is having troubles. It says I am connected to the network which is listed as a home network ad it says I a connected to the internet, obviously not quite accurate. My laptop shows up on the router and it passes the router's connectivity tests. I have tried comparing every network setting to another laptop we have and everything seems to be the same. I have left my Homegroup that I have setup for school and have tried multiple browsers but still nothing. I have tried several fixes online (reinstalled wireless drivers, reset netsh int ip), but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:10:00 PM by UbuntuGeek »

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Wireless internet connection problems win7, home network
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:11:22 AM »

Offline tdmeskimo

Re: Wireless internet connection problems win7, home network
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
yes an idea would be to see if one more laptop or other type of device connects with out a problem, if it connects sounds like your laptop may have a virus or something, if it doesn't then a new router may be needed. more info would be more helpful, can you find your IP on your wireless devices, was there special configuration done when connected at college? or is it all automatic? can you try and share a test file on you home network between your desktop and laptop?, show connection and actually have a good connection is two different things, it just helps us in finding the problem at hand.