Author Topic: Apache2 MultiViews  (Read 4091 times)

Offline MSHax

Apache2 MultiViews
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »
I was wondering if anyone here actually knows how to shut off MultiViews on Apache2 on Ubuntu. I've looked everywhere and the Apache.org website is not in anyway helpful. On that note if you're one of those people that don't actually know but will Google it to try to find the answer, I appreciate the effort but don't bother. I've been searching this for over my entire 8 hour shift. All you'll find is an endless loop that goes from one Apache page to another that gives no actual information other than telling you what it is. I'm looking for someone who actually knows the code and knows where it goes.

Thanks for any USEFUL help you can give.

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Apache2 MultiViews
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »

Offline Bruce H

Re: Apache2 MultiViews
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:06:30 AM »
What you need to do is edit your config file to not include Mulitiviews in your document directories. The config file will vary according to which specific virtual servers and/or user directories you need to modify. For the default server, open /etc/apache2/sites-available/default in gedit (or any other text editor) and remove the reference to Multiviews from the default document directory section. You'll need the sudo command for root access.

Code: [Select]
sudo gedit /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
For reference, here is part of my config file on my development box:
<Directory /var/www/>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
</Directory>

Remove any Options you don't want from the Options line, save the file and issue the restart command:

sudo apache2ctl restart

Offline MSHax

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:01:22 AM »
Well Bruce H I'm not sure what to say, how about I send a letter of reference for you to get a job at apache teaching them how to write tutorial? This is EXACTLY what I needed! Thank you so much, problem solved.

Offline Bruce H

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 12:45:33 PM »
Glad I could help, MSHax.