Author Topic: Printing Problems  (Read 1450 times)

Offline johnkelly.110

Printing Problems
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »
I downloaded Open Office.org Writer onto my Vista OS and was very impressed with Open Office.org Writer.

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 (Dual Boot with Vista) and used Open Office.org Writer. I can print a Test Page perfectly BUT when I try to print an A4 colour page I get a big line down the side of the page.

However, if I print the same Open Office.org Writer file from Vista it prints perfectly?

I am using Windows Vista (Home Edition) 32 bit, with Open Office.org Writer OR Ubuntu 9.10 with Open Office.org Writer.

My printer is a Samsung CLP-600N.

Please help! Ubuntu/Open Office Learner!

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Printing Problems
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »

Offline joe12

Re: Printing Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 03:39:06 PM »
Hi

- make sure you have ink  :-[
- how did you install it  ??? 
see this post for help with Samsung printer
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=341621
hope it helps

Offline johnkelly.110

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »
Once Again joe12.
I am slowly getting to grips with Ubuntu and am able to get virtually everything I need to do with Ubuntu and the open source software. I find some things much better with open source and the things I "struggle" with will (hopefully) become "clearer"! Thanks again! But I'm sure I will be asking more questions.
THANK YOU!
Regards

Offline joe12

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:04:03 PM »
Hi
- go system , admin , software sources  then go to the updates tab  now in the ubuntu updates tick Proposed & unsupported update , close it at the bottom refresh and check for updates . 

- can you  take me through how you  it installed ? ( eg .. ubuntu found when i plug ed it in ...??)

- have you got OpenOffice.org 3.2 ??

many thanks & hope it helps