Author Topic: Need a Flashlight to See Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on My Laptop Screen  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Ruination

Hi experts,

I'm fed up with Windows 7 on my Acer eMachines E527-2537, so I did an ISO image CD installation of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. The installation program ran fine, except it was so dark, I literally had to shine a flashlight on my screen to see what I was doing. It seems that the installation was successful, except it's unusably dark.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Offline ockron

Re: Need a Flashlight to See Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on My Laptop Screen
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »
Have you increased the brightness of your screen?

Offline TNFrank

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »
I had a similar issue with my wife's laptop but the opposite issue with mine. Her laptop wanted to crank the brightness level down to almost nothing, she can use her f keys to bring the brightness up though.  Mine wants to crank it all the way up but I can use my f keys to adjust it and it'll stay. I know some folks have problems with keeping the settings but knock on wood I've been ok as long as I use the f keys to adjust and not the slider in the System Settings.  In fact, if I crank my slider all the way down the screen will actually go black and I'll have to restart the computer to get my brightness level back. This is just one of the little "bugs" that's been messing with an otherwise great Op System.

Offline R. Cutright

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »
Hi experts,

I'm fed up with Windows 7 on my Acer eMachines E527-2537, so I did an ISO image CD installation of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. The installation program ran fine, except it was so dark, I literally had to shine a flashlight on my screen to see what I was doing. It seems that the installation was successful, except it's unusably dark.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You are the third person who didn't liked the Windows 7. I have loved it though i use Linux for my working experience.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:28:02 AM by R. Cutright »

Offline TNFrank

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 04:17:22 AM »
A buddy of mine in AZ absolutely loves Win7. I'm trying to talk him into giving Linux a try since he likes to tweak with stuff on his computer and I think it'd be a great match for him but he's dead set on Win7. Some people's kids. LOL