Author Topic: KDE - Mind of Its Own??  (Read 431 times)

Offline jflysocal

KDE - Mind of Its Own??
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »
I've recently switched to KDE from XFCE. So far, I'm very happy I made the switch.

I have, however, noticed that KDE seems to ignore some of the system settings I choose. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that KDE seems to decide on it's own when, and if, it will abide by the system settings. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Particularly, when it comes to the power management settings. I've also noticed a few other minor bugs, but this seems, to me at least, to be kind of a big one.

It would be a shame if I had to chuck such a beautiful and fun-to-use desktop because of this problem so I'm asking if anyone else has had the same experience and if you have, are there any solutions?

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

KDE - Mind of Its Own??
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »

Offline edwardcullen

Re: KDE - Mind of Its Own??
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »
I've recently switched to KDE from XFCE. So far, I'm very happy I made the switch.

I have, however, noticed that KDE seems to ignore some of the system settings I choose. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that KDE seems to decide on it's own when, and if, it will abide by the system settings. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Particularly, when it comes to the power management settings. I've also noticed a few other minor bugs, but this seems, to me at least, to be kind of a big one.

It would be a shame if I had to chuck such a beautiful and fun-to-use desktop because of this problem so I'm asking if anyone else has had the same experience and if you have, are there any solutions?
hi iam new to this forum and forgivemefor the spelling mistakes also but i think that cant be true i mean kde cant possibly have a mind of it own due to same sequence repetings altogether always so it doesnt have some new codes popping up from nowhere . thanks :)