Author Topic: UltraMixer Won't Uninstall  (Read 2080 times)

Offline rf.bennett1

UltraMixer Won't Uninstall
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:40:27 AM »
Dear Ubuntu Geek,

I downloaded Ultramixer just to test it out and see if it's any better than Mixxx and i decided that Mixxx is miles better so...i thought to myself i might aswell uninstall Ultramixer. So i when to the uninstaller folder and right clicked the jar file and asked java to uninstall the program. Unfortunatly it does nothing apart for making my desktop blink once....so i checked to see if i can just delete the file which it won't let you (it install the files in usr/local. So since i'm still on the learning curve is the a command i can put into terminal and delete this software? Also after the last update of my system and i was asked to restart in order to complete the update which was dated "Fri Jan 23.43pm" while my system was restarting just before i got the the logon screen everything froze screen went black and i had to cut the mains power to turn off my machine and reboot again so was wondering what happend? is there a way to find all my system logs?

Thanx for reading and any info or help regarding Ultramixer or recent update i had will be extremly greatfull

P.S. Yesterday i managed to convert all my friends to Ubuntu except one who is already using Linux Mint.

So i'm off for a smoke and i await your repies :)

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

UltraMixer Won't Uninstall
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:40:27 AM »

Offline janaf

Re: UltraMixer Won't Uninstall
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »
Try something like this from a command prompt

sudo java -jar /usr/local/UltraMixer/Uninstaller/uninstaller.jar