Author Topic: DIGITAL INPUT: CANNOT DISPLAY THIS MODE  (Read 1433 times)

Offline th1bill

DIGITAL INPUT: CANNOT DISPLAY THIS MODE
« on: October 26, 2011, 03:03:32 PM »
I am running an AMD 3 core Phenom with 8gig of RAM and Ubuntu 11.10.  Ever since I  upgraded from 10.04 I have been unable to see GRUB at boot.  My NVIDIA driver is installed and all my video, save the GRUB screen, is perfect.  As a member of Geeks for Christ at my church I need  to solve this issue before I install Ubuntu on another unit.

I did a fresh install of 10.04 on one unit I refurbed for a student and I found the, now lost, solution, but just like a Nubee, I did not record it in my notebook.  I do recall that I did something to the xorg.conf but, at 66, I? having a senior moment and cannot recall the cure nor the syntax used.

HELP????

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

DIGITAL INPUT: CANNOT DISPLAY THIS MODE
« on: October 26, 2011, 03:03:32 PM »

Offline sgouka

Re: DIGITAL INPUT: CANNOT DISPLAY THIS MODE
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »
I am running an AMD 3 core Phenom with 8gig of RAM and Ubuntu 11.10.  Ever since I  upgraded from 10.04 I have been unable to see GRUB at boot.  My NVIDIA driver is installed and all my video, save the GRUB screen, is perfect.  As a member of Geeks for Christ at my church I need  to solve this issue before I install Ubuntu on another unit.

I did a fresh install of 10.04 on one unit I refurbed for a student and I found the, now lost, solution, but just like a Nubee, I did not record it in my notebook.  I do recall that I did something to the xorg.conf but, at 66, I? having a senior moment and cannot recall the cure nor the syntax used.

HELP????

Have you solved your problem by now ? Because I think it's happening to me now  ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:15:11 AM by UbuntuGeek »