Author Topic: Wireless Connection Without Internet  (Read 1048 times)

Offline phocus

Wireless Connection Without Internet
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »
Hello,

I am working on a project and part of the scope is for me to broadcast a local version of a custom website (already written) using a small nettop computer, so that others can connect to the computer and view the website. I am running Ubuntu 11.10 on the nettop computer and I have already followed the instruction on how to set this device up as a server (LAMP, but with PostgreSQL instead of MySQL). I thought that I would just need to set up an ad hoc network, however the difficulty is that the project is to be used in areas where there is no internet signal available (hence the necessity to have a local version broadcast rather than having an individual just connect to the website via the internet). All of the "how to's" and tutorials are explaining how to share an internet connection between computers, which wont work in this situation. So in summary I am trying to figure out a way to get my Ubuntu 11.10 computer to broadcast a website on a non-internet network which other devices can recognize and connect to. If you have any advice or guidance, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

~phocus

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Wireless Connection Without Internet
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »