Author Topic: upgrade kernel now keeps crashing (karmic 64)  (Read 5213 times)

Offline iceman600

• My Blog
upgrade kernel now keeps crashing (karmic 64)
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »
i just did an update on my ubuntu desktop to a latest kernel that is ending on.17 and my desktop constantly crashes... freezes... whatever u call it. it just stuck, unresposive and leave me with a caps lock idicator light blinking....

now i cannot use my ubuntu desktop and suc with windows. is there a fox for this? ive been googling for two days and i cannot find an aswer...

im using a hp pavilion dv5-1150US and a karmic 64bit.

after that update i cant use the desktop anymore. i tried a fresh install and still crashes on its first update.

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

upgrade kernel now keeps crashing (karmic 64)
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »

Offline savyasachi

Re: upgrade kernel now keeps crashing (karmic 64)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »
you are lucky that yours is booting,Mine is not booting at all.Use the .16 kernel it works fine

Offline iceman600

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »
im sorry for being so stupid but im using ubuntu for since hardy but i never had this kind of problem before so i dont kno how to install or downgrade a kernel. is that what you call it.

i ussually delete/remove my previous kernels after an update with a claner script i found on the tutorials. so im stuck on the latest kernel not knowing  how to revert to the previous one.

Offline iceman600

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 11:03:21 PM »
i finally found a fix on this issue of mine. So my problem is having a kernel panic.
If your having this kind of problem i hope thos helps... cos it helps me. Now im enjoying my ubuntu again.

btw if u used ubuntu for some time now and go back to windows is seems like the desktop of windows is so stiff and small.

fix can be found here...http://icemanfernnadez.blogspot.com/2010/02/black-screen-of-death-ubuntu-karmic.html