Glad that I found this forum!Problem
: Installed Ubuntu Precise 12.04 and all OK but only when comes out of standby, everything is very slow, mouse, everything. It seems that like the RAM was not cleared or something else is running heavily in the background. The mouse is moving in very slow steps, very hard to do stuff, other than reboot.System info
- Mobo: Intel DG43GT with the latest BIOS f/w (http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/hig...ds/dg43gt
- Chipset G43, Video GMA x4500 connected to HDMI
- Dual Core Intel @3GHz
- 2x2Gb Ram @ 800MHz
- 64GB SSD driveBIOS settings
The hard drive is set as AHCI, "smart" enabled", parallel, serial and on-board 1394 are disabled since I have no use. Video mem is set for 256Mb, tried with 128Mb and "max".
Ram config is set to "Auto", PCI Latency=32 (tried with 64 too), HPET=enabled (tried disabled too), Intel Virtualization=enabled (tried disabled too).
ACPI suspend=S3, "Processor Power Management" tried enabled and disabled, UEFI=tried enabled and disabled, all with the same result.Background and history
- Installed Ubuntu 10.10, then updated. All running well, but after standby it has the problem described above
, the same issue with an older release.
- Final problem: Installed Ubuntu 12.04, with no update. All running well, after coming out of standby, the same problem.
- Installed Windows 7 home and after standby there is NO problem, everything check and moves OK, so in Windows 7 everything is OK, it is not a motherboard issue.