Author Topic: Bleach Bit  (Read 1679 times)

Offline alienmindtrick

Bleach Bit
« on: October 14, 2010, 10:27:34 PM »
I've been using the cleanup utility, BleachBit, but I notice that I get over 18K errors when I run it.  My question is really twofold:  1) Is it really necessary to use a disk cleanup utility in Ubuntu like I would in Windows?  2) If anyone else uses it, can they tell me if it's just language files that are causing the errors as I think it is?  I can run it and take screenshots if it will help, but when I looked at the errors, they all seemed to have 2-letter-identifiers that seemed to correlate to languages, e.g. es, fi, fr, ja, ru, et cetera.

Thanks!   ;D

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Bleach Bit
« on: October 14, 2010, 10:27:34 PM »

Offline joe12

Re: Bleach Bit
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:44:26 AM »
1) Is it really necessary to use a disk cleanup utility in Ubuntu like I would in Windows?
yep ubuntu does make mess ! 

2) If anyone else uses it, can they tell me if it's just language files that are causing the errors as I think it is?
Could post back the screen shots !

thanks !

Offline alienmindtrick

Re: Bleach Bit
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 01:03:50 PM »
Hey, Joe;

Thanks for the reply.  I unchecked the box for System > Localizations in BleachBit and I no longer get the mass of errors. After further perusing the errors, I'm 99.9% sure they're language codes, and the fact that Localizations seemed to cause them seems to verify that. I deleted the screenshots I had before, but if you still want a screenshot, I can recheck the Localizations box and run it again.

Thank you.