Author Topic: Flash video freezes when expanded to full screen  (Read 3365 times)

Offline alienmindtrick

Flash video freezes when expanded to full screen
« on: October 18, 2010, 04:29:05 PM »
When I try to expand a flash video to watch it in full-screen mode, the full-screen freezes, but the unexpanded version on the parent website continues to play (usually). I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 LTS, Google Chrome stable release (updated). I didn't notice this issue prior to upgrading to Maverick Meerkat. It will do it even after clearing the Chrome cache, running BleachBit, and restarting the laptop.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you!

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Flash video freezes when expanded to full screen
« on: October 18, 2010, 04:29:05 PM »

Offline alienmindtrick

Re: Flash video freezes when expanded to full screen
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:24:07 PM »
Another part that I failed to mention is that if you touch any key, the touchpad, or adjust volume at any time on the rare occasion that a video will play in full-screen mode, it immediately drops out of full-screen and goes back to the parent site.

Offline daoxinh

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:57:37 AM »
When I try to expand a flash video to watch it in full-screen mode, the full-screen freezes, but the unexpanded version on the parent website continues to play (usually). I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 LTS, Google Chrome stable release (updated). I didn't notice this issue prior to upgrading to Maverick Meerkat. It will do it even after clearing the Chrome cache, running BleachBit, and restarting the laptop.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you!
You can go link
http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10104585

Offline alienmindtrick

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 06:44:40 PM »
I didn't see a solution at that link, but I believe the problem may have been with Google Chrome.  After an update a couple weeks ago, everything started working perfectly.  But thank  you so much for the help.  I do appreciate it!   :)