Author Topic: Issues with HP Elitebook  (Read 1306 times)

Offline PepijnSenders

Issues with HP Elitebook
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »
I have an HP elitebook (8560w) for school and I would really like to get ubuntu to run on it perfectly. I encountered some issues after installing ubuntu on my laptop:

• At first the brightness controls didn't work at all, i fixed the key connection so ubuntu changes the brightness level in the system, the problem is that it doesn't correspond with my screen's brightness. Which is stuck at full brightness since the start (which is really sucky for battery life). I already tried some tutorials for the acer laptops and they don't seem to work for me. Like editing the grub file and changing this line: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor".
  • Ubuntu is also considerably more power consuming than when I run windows. On windows I had 4 hours (which is still bad, I know) and on ubuntu it doesn't even get to 1 hour of battery life.
  • The heat of the laptop is another issues, it already starts to hit high temperatures (70 to 80) degrees after half an hour of work.

Hopefully somebody has got some experience with ubuntu on HP laptops, help would be much appreciated :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:33:01 PM by PepijnSenders »

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Issues with HP Elitebook
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »