Author Topic: Newbie.. help  (Read 1911 times)

Offline fraser_corey

Newbie.. help
« on: January 11, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
Hey everyone, I am new to ubuntu and im having a very simple problem. Im trying to create a launcher in ubuntu netbook remix... the right click on the desktop doesn't give me the option.

Thanks in advance!
Corey

Ubuntu Forums (Ubuntu Linux Support)

Newbie.. help
« on: January 11, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »

Offline vrkalak

Re: Newbie.. help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:09:03 AM »
I'm not familiar with the Netbook-remix, but I would think that you would have to 'right-click' on the panel.  Then select "add to panel"
Then, you have the option to 'add' a launcher?

At least, that's the way it works in the other version of Ubuntu.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:10:44 AM by vrkalak »

monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:53:53 AM »
Hi fraser
Is the item you want to create in your main Applications (start) menu? You can right-click those items to create desktop launchers too!

woodmaster

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:58:29 AM »
u can also just drag and drop from the panel to the desktop or top or bottom bars

Offline omararce

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 04:03:06 AM »
in ubuntu netbook you need to desable the netbook launcher, this can be done in the startup programs, just uncheck the netbook launcher.  Reboot, and the you got to able the desktop . . .and thats the part i just cant remember, i did yesterday on me aspire. Let me check

Offline omararce

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 04:11:56 AM »
Here it is, just open terminal and put this: gconf-editor, it will open a window, there you go, apps - - - nautilus - - -preferences - - -in the category "show desktop" put the value on true and the icons will appear on the desktop.